I read that a gratitude list helps cope with the last weeks of pregnancy and SUPER anticipation (read- anxiety) of my little one. So here it goes.
- I am grateful for my husband- seriously couldn’t make it through this without his willingness to listen to me complain and ability to make me laugh. Laughter is important right now.
- I am grateful for my career. It is a big part of my identity, although not completely perfect, I’m grateful for the flexibility it is giving me now.
- I am grateful for my powerful body, still nurturing my fetus. I feel tired & uncomfortable. I have sporadic pains. I don’t even remember what “normal” feels like. But my body continues to stay healthy and support my fetus. I couldn’t ask for anything more.
- I am grateful for my baby’s movement. Seriously. This kid is going to whip my ass back in shape in no time! Feeling him move will be the one thing that I miss about pregnancy.
- I am grateful for the unconditional love from my dogs. Seriously, they are such troopers as I’ve become more of a homebody. And they let me snuggle them, and constantly watch my every move.
- I am grateful for the beautiful weather in May, in San Diego. Hot enough, but not uncomfortable. Daily beach walks = sanity.
- I am grateful for daily talks and texts with my favorite people!